- Liberty Living
- Gourmet Pot Noodle
Gourmet Pot Noodle for Students under £5
Fresh Vegetable Pho with King Prawns
Reinvented by Timothy Hyde-Sykes based on a Pot Noodle
Ingredients (Enough for 4 portions)
For the Pho:
- 400g precooked egg noodles
- 1 carrot
- 1 courgette
- 75g red cabbage
- 2 spring onions
- 6 baby corn
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 pak choi
- 1 lime
- 4 teaspoons Thai paste
- 2 chicken stock pots
- Boiling water
- King prawns, cooked and peeled
- Coriander leaves
- Screw top jars
Total cost = £11.19 | Total cost per person = £2.80
- • Peel the carrot. With a knife, cut the top and bottom from the carrot and then spiralise on the thinnest setting. Do the same with your courgette (without peeling).
- • Soak the noodles that you are using for ten minutes to soften, drain and then refresh under cold water until cool.
- • Chop a big rounded slice off a whole red cabbage and then slice as thin as possible.
- • Using a knife, chop the top and bottom from the spring onions and then in half, then slice thinly.
- • Take the outer leaves off the pak choi and trim the stalk. Cut the rest into thick strips.
- • Place the baby corn and turmeric in a small pan, cover with boiling water, simmer for 5 minutes and then refresh under cold water until cold.
- • Using a knife, cut the top and bottom from the lime and then cut into quarters.
- • Take a bunch of coriander and pick the leaves off. You’ll need around 10 leaves per jar.
Remove the lids from your screw top jars and add ½ a chicken stock pot and 1 tsp of Thai paste. Now add the vegetables and noodles in this order:
- 1. Carrots.
- 2. Noodles.
- 3. Pak choi.
- 4. Baby corn (3 halves per pot noodle).
- 5. Coriander leaves.
- 6. Courgettes.
- 7. Noodles.
- 8. Red cabbage.
- 9. Spring onions.
- 10. Garnish your dish with the king prawns, then your remaining pak choi and coriander to taste.
- • Put the kettle on and when boiled, pour over the pot noodle and leave for 5 minutes. Then, give it a gentle stir to unlock all those tasty flavours.