Break from studying at Warner Bros Harry Potter Studio
I recently took a break from my student residence and from studying and went to the Warner Bros. Harry Potter Studio Tour with my Mum. We had an amazing time.
In case you are thinking of going, then here are my tips for getting the most out of your day.
1. Pay for an audio guide. It tells you about what was happening at the Warner Bros. Studio whilst they were making all of the films and explains how they made some of the props and created the special effects. You also have the beautiful voice of Tom Felton in your ear, which is a very soothing voice I have to say.
2. Try the Butter Beer. It is an interesting taste, very sweet and sickly, and though I would never drink it again, it did play a big role in the film and I felt a little bit like Hermione Granger!
3. Take up the opportunity to either ride a broomstick or drive the flying car. These are hilarious. My Mum and I decided to take part in the car ride. It was very surreal, but at least I now know how the actors felt when they were filming these scenes.
4. When you walk onto the full scale model of Hogwarts castle, take your time. The audio guide explains how they built the castle and how they altered it for each new film. I was completely taken a back by it. It was amazing and it shows just how much work goes into making something like that.
5. If you can’t get to Harry Potter by car or train don’t worry! There is a frequent bus service, which runs from London Victoria to Leavesden and drops you practically at the front door of the Studio Tour.
6. Have an amazing time. It’s getting top reviews on trip advisor and now I know why.
Jessica H. is a 1st year Journalism undergraduate staying at one of Liberty Living’s 5 student residences in London. She has been writing a variety of blogs about being a student and living in student accommodation.
Posted on 25th February 2014 by Jessica H.