Get involved in Stand Up to Cancer!
Tonight Stand Up To Cancer will be televised live on Channel 4 with a whole host of exclusive programmes for you to binge on. You can watch the celebrities struggle on The Island or see the hotly anticipated return of The Crystal Maze (who remembers this 90s gem?!).
Liberty Living has been standing up and raising money up and down the country to help beat cancer sooner, with 100% of the money raised funding ground breaking research.
With 1 in 2 people born after 1960 in the UK now being diagnosed with some form of cancer in their lifetime, it is more important than ever that we help fund the life changing research which has doubled survival over the last 40 years. Today 2 in 4 people survive their cancer for at least 10 years. Not bad for donating your loose change, right?
If you’re still not convinced, here’s just some of the Stand Up To Cancer funded projects that are happening as we speak (or type!):
- A futuristic way of boosting the power of radiotherapy in a tumour so that lower doses of radiation can be used, hitting the tumour hard but causing less damage to the healthy parts of the body.
- A trial looking to see whether a pioneering experiment drug can force cancer cells to self-destruct.
- The development of a test that can detect breast cancer DNA in the blood, helping doctors choose the most effective treatment for women with this disease.
- Developing an innovative new drug that may be able to boost the power of our immune system, helping our natural defences tackle cancer.
- Trialling a new drug that makes brain cancer glow bright pink to help surgeons remove the entire tumour, stopping the disease returning.
You can stand up and join us by donating any loose change at our reception desks or visit our Just Giving page. You can also text LLSU48 followed by either £1, £2, £5 or £10 to 70070.
Thanks to all the Liberty Living students that have supported and contributed towards the fight against cancer so far!