What to do for the summer holidays?
Approaching the end of a year at uni or a course always feels like the end of an era and can feel a little daunting. You get so used to living in your chosen city surrounded by friends that 3 months back home can seem a little boring in comparison. Make sure you avoid this by planning in advance and either sorting out a summer job or a fun itinerary to make the most of this summer.
If you're undecided then here are 5 things to remember that might help you make up your mind:
1. Liberty Living has plenty of options for Summer Accommodation across the UK to help you make the most of summer with central locations so that you’ll have plenty of options to explore.
For example, if you’re in any of the student accommodation options across London then be sure to grab tickets for top festivals like Notting Hill Carnival, British Summer Time so you can catch Taylor Swift and Blur in Hyde Park this June, Wireless festival to see Drake, Avicii, Clean Bandit and so many more – plenty of options for whichever music you love.
If that’s not your scene then grab a picnic and plenty of blankets to check out the outdoor cinema at Somerset House or enjoy the sun in Kew Gardens.
2. Summer is also the time to give yourself a break from all the hard work of final exams, making friends and throwing great parties. You don’t need me to tell you that your student accommodation is a great place to organise group events quickly – all you need is to knock on everyone’s door and make the most of the garden, courtyard or nearby park. With everyone contributing one ingredient you could whip up a great picnic or barbecue with a cheap, portable barbecue box and of course make up a jug (or two) of fruity Pimms to host the perfect summer afternoon.
3. If you got a bit carried away with your student loan throughout the year (don’t worry, we’ve all been there) then speak to Liberty Living about the different options because there is a wide range of accommodation to suit all budgets and other requirements so you can choose what works best for you.
4. Also remember that there are short or long stays available if you’re still figuring out your summer holiday plans. In most cities the minimum stay is one week but once you’ve made your plans then discuss flexibility with the on-site staff so they can help you out.
5. You will still have access to all the on-site facilities. Think no queues in the laundry, a great common room to chill in with no parents nagging at you for watching too much TV and outside areas to chill out in.
6. No packing up your room. If you’re staying on in your room or flat for summer then save yourself the tedious effort of packing and sorting everything out. If you’re as lazy as me then this is a very tempting option and a great way to save a stressful car journey home.
So there you have it, 5 things to remember to help you get the most out of your summer holidays!
Liberty Living provides student accommodation in 17 university cities across the UK, including student accommodation in Liverpool, student accommodation in Manchester, student accommodation in Preston plus many more.
Posted on 8th May 2015 by Elinore Court.
Elinore Court lives at Liberty House in London, she is studying a masters degree in Magazine Journalism at City University.